Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:29:07 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        tadcom@home.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Trouble installing (was: help)

On Mon, 16 February 1998 at 22:07:08 -0800, Trent wrote:
> To whom it may concern:
>
> I am having the hardest time installing:
>
> I have read all the documentation and can not find any incompatability
> issues.

It would appear that you haven't read my weekly posting on this list.
You can read it at http://www.lemis.com/questions.html.

> I have all the files in a MS-DOS partition and I have made both the BOOT
> disk and FLOPPY disk per the instructions in the guide. When I boot the
> machine off the floppy I get a blinking bar in the top left corner after
> reading the drive for a little bit. Nothing happens after this.
>
> Neither the FIXIT disk or boot disk work. They both do the same thing.

The Fixit disk won't work.  You mount that after booting from the boot
floppy.

I'd love to help, but I have almost nothing to go on.  How about:

1.  What kind of hardware?
2.  What version of FreeBSD?
3.  Where did you get the distribution from?
4.  What's the last thing before the blinking cursor?

That's just a start.  If you can think of anything else which is
relevant, please let us know.  And please copy the -questions list on
the reply; I don't promise to look at this personally.

Greg