Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:41:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
To:        bminazzi@denverweb.net (Blaine Minazzi)
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: News...

> I' am still interested in knowing exactly how NOT providing every high
> bandwidth, possibly illegal, content group, costitutes ANY kind of a
> morality judgement. It think it is a business choice, pure and simple.

If you drop binary groups to cut volume, you're right.  The tone of the
discussion here, however, is "these are groups I think poorly of, and
this is how I can get rid of them to cut the volume without getting in
trouble".  If you want to drop groups because you think they're not
cost effective, feel free --- it's outside the scope of this list.  What
is in the scope is discussing how to configure FreeBSD so it can economically
handle the load.  Personally, I don't have time, nor the right, to decide
what's good, bad or indifferent, and the discussion of it certainly doesn't
belong here.

--
Alan Batie                   ______      It's not my fault!  It's some guy
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      named "General Protection"!

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.