Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:39:25 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        <dmaddox@conterra.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3Com Impact IQ ISDN T/A

Donald J . Maddox replied:
>On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 06:11:04PM -0800, Dan O'Connor wrote:
>> I'm considering purchasing a 3Com Impact IQ external ISDN modem (terminal
>> adapter) and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience using
this
>> product with FreeBSD?
>>
>> Specifically:
>>
>>     1.  How dependent is this modem on DOS/Windows? Can it be configured
>> from FreeBSD, or do I need to boot a DOS diskette and run the software
that
>> comes with it? Can it be configured with AT-commands?
>
>The configuration program requires windows, but it can be done with
>AT commands.  If you use the Windows-based config program, it literally
>configures itself.  Doing it with AT commands alone will require reading
>the manual :-)

Can it be configured on a Windows machine and then moved over to a FreeBSD
machine, or does it need re-programming after a power cycle? Guess I should
bone up on my reading skills :-)

>> I know next to nothing about ISDN, so any enlightenment is much
>> appreciated...
>
>Hope this helps...

Very much so. Thank you.

One more question, if I may: Are you happy with this modem...would you
recommend it?

Thanks again,

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!