Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 17:00:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quickcam / vic-2.8

Hi:

I am thinking about buying a pair of Quickcams and would very much like to
use them under FreeBSD 2.2-GAMMA with vic-2.8. I have read the qcam device
driver source and it looks to me like there is sufficient support for
functional Quickcam.

However, when I run vic, it seems to only have support for the video
Spigot. What's up with that?

I know the Linux version supports Quickcam, why doesn't the FreeBSD
version? Should I be able to use Linux version under the Linux emulator
under FreeBSD or is the quickcam support too FreeBSD specific for this to
work?

Thanks for helping me make my "investment" decision.

Bernie