Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:01:08 +0000
From:      Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Andy Doller <adoller@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ulpt and usb problems

In message <0187aca93937cfe0f8796715c4d44ebc@mac.com>, Andy Doller writes:
>I have been having consistent problem with USB and my HP 1320.  It is
>constantly causing kernel panics on my print server.  I have found RP
>78208 which describes exactly the problem that I am having.
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=usb/78208
>
>I am wondering what the status of this error is.  I see there is a
>suggested intermediate fix, but I am unsure of how to
>apply/compile/install it or even if I should.  Help and guidance would
>be appreciated.

Hi,

If possible, could you test the patch at

	http://people.freebsd.org/~iedowse/releng_5_callout.diff

instead to see if it helps? I can give you instructions for installing
it - firstly, are you running 5.3-RELEASE or -STABLE? If you're
running -STABLE then just download the patch and run this command
from the /usr/src directory:

	patch < /path/to/releng_5_callout.diff

Then compile a new kernel, install it and reboot.

Ian