Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 2017 22:58:11 +0300
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        Elena Mihailescu <elenamihailescu22@gmail.com>
Cc:        Tommi Pernila <tommi.pernila@iki.fi>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot install FreeBSD 12.0 on HP Compaq DC5850
References:  <CAGOCPLgVVH=hJczW6DjoyGnOzcHw6vs0Y%2BisX6dBcskW-Tgqqw@mail.gmail.com> <CABHD1wQfxvbKskm9FYXYCKH9mOk9VsCXRsE1ZYa9XEOgLdEBHQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAGOCPLiSjYrqL6e51uQVJrFL1B8T5v0u1bxRktPqVhngERVq5w@mail.gmail.com> <CABHD1wT5SFVUSsDyiETg45=cVv8sBZ8FuqFgSqarX6V3i4FW0g@mail.gmail.com> <2C4ECAC8-1F4E-4C7B-8FE6-18B649F204AB@me.com> <CAGOCPLiheFYprtQGu0uHu=5qYO7FbP9bR7VE9xzhp9yOoB8PaQ@mail.gmail.com>

<elenamihailescu22@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Two things to test - check for bios update and UEFI boot (with decure =
boot disabled). Also make sure any non-essential devices are =
disconnected - this hung smells like it is getting stuck on disk device =
probing, and one case I know I can happen was about SD card reader =
attached.
>>=20
>=20
> I already updated the BIOS and I couldn't find any UEFI boot/ Secure
> boot features available on my computer (in the BIOS settings). I don't
> have any other devices connected than those with which the computer
> arrived.
>=20
> Thanks,
> Elena

Ok, the error is happening really early as you only get BTX messages and =
none from the actual loader itself. Can you test usb boot and see if it =
will get further? Also testing/debugging with usb image will be much =
easier as we can update loader on usb=E2=80=A6.=20

rgds,
toomas=