Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 02:55:32 +1000
From:      Gavan McCormack <tetragon@cyber.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        unix@cyber.com.au
Subject:   spwd.db

Anyone know where I can get a clean version of spwd.db, or how I can
easily make a new (blank) one? (For FreeBSD 3.1.)

I'm setting up and ftpd that is set to chroot to its own dir when it
runs. (-r /usr/home/ftp) Because of the chroot, it needs to find a
spwd.db in the chrooted etc dir.

Naturally, I dont want to put my /etc/spwd.db in there. However doing a
pwd_mkdb requires that I already have database files in there. Being
database files too, if I do a pwd_mkdb over copies of ones from /etc, the
data isnt overwritten. (Dont want someone getting in anonymously and
getting ahold of them, and doing a strings over spwd. :)

Am I missing something obvious??
--
Gavan McCormack - tetragon@cyber.com.au - tetragon@bitey.net
Cybersource P/L. TCPIP network management & Unix system administration.