Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:44:44 -0700
From:      "Sameer" <ssheikh2000@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   openssl-0.9.7d make issues

I'm having a few issues with this package.

Initially, I had the following issue:

--------
test BN_sqr
Square test failed!
--------

The OpenSSL FAQ addresses the problem in with the following bit:

--------
11. Why does the OpenSSL test suite fail in BN_sqr test [on a 64-bit
platform]?

Failure in BN_sqr test is most likely caused by a failure to configure the
toolkit for current platform or lack of support for the platform in
question. Run './config -t' and './apps/openssl version -p'. Do these
platform identifiers match? If they don't, then you most likely failed to
run ./config and you're hereby advised to do so before filing a bug report.
If ./config itself fails to run, then it's most likely problem with your
local environment and you should turn to your system administrator (or
similar). If identifiers match (and/or no alternative identifier is
suggested by ./config script), then the platform is unsupported. There might
or might not be a workaround. Most notably on SPARC64 platforms with GNU C
compiler you should be able to produce a working build by running './config
-m32'. I understand that -m32 might not be what you want/need, but the build
should be operational. For further details turn to
<openssl-dev@openssl.org>.
---------

The first problem is that there is no, "./apps/openssl" which doesn't allow
me to do any comparisons.

Even w/o it, I gave it a try.  However, the "-m32" but that caused an
additional problem:

---------
cc1: error: -m32 is not supported by this configuration
*** Error code 1
---------

I'm kinda' stuck here.  I even tried adding a "freebsd-sparc64" or whatever
the exact platform type is specified by "configure".

There isn't much on google about this problem, that's why i'm turning to you
guys.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.