Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:08:42 -0700
From:      Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        courtney@whtz.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting the Samba Service

smbd and nmbd, or if you path isn't set,
/usr/local/sbin/smbd
/usr/local/sbin/nmbd

You will need the /usr/local/etc/smb.conf configured, and
have your (if you are using encrypted password)
/usr/local/private/smbpasswd populated either by the
mksmbpasswd.sh given by the samba.org, or set one of
the options in smb.conf to populate it.

if you want Samba to start every time your machine
starts up, you might want to put it in inetd.conf (actually,
just uncomment the last two lines :)

Good luck!

useful resource:  www.samba.org

Frankie