Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:38:54 +0300
From:      Mike Jackson <mjj@isorauta.ntc.nokia.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   more on netgear ma311 failures

 I have continued to lock-up my fbsd box to hardware reset while using
my ma311 in AP mode.

 A preliminary discovery regarding the problem (win2k web browsers):

 - netscape 7.02 with HTTP 1.1 pipelining enabled crashes the box within
   30 minutes of frequently loading new websites

 - netscape 7.02 with HTTP 1.1 pipelining disabled crashes the box
   within 1-2 hours of frequently loading new websites

 - internet explorer 6.0.2 does not crash the AP box at all, regardless
   of the speed of loading new pages or how long it is used

( haven't tested any other browsers )

 I haven't been able to find a windows box to use to update the firmware
for the ma311.

 I'm wondering if this is a problem with the card's firmware revision,
or if it's a problem with the wi driver, or a combination of the two...

--
Mike Jackson