Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:51:15 -0800
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 Code freeze?

normally i stay out of these 'discussions'.  everyone's efforts are much
appreciated.  and we know that the rate of pay sucks caterpillar snot.  but,
in this case, you seem to be saying "no one asked," and there is no sense to
be silent so we hit this next time.  this is not a flame.  and i can easily
be misunderstanding the implications of what you're saying.  but ...

a lot of folk stayed at 2.2.x-PAO until 3.x+PAO supported our hardware.
some of us had to wait a long time because we have minority cards such as
old-style wavelans.  we deeply appreciate the PAO folk's efforts in
supporting us fossils, and we all pretty much now run 3.3+PAO.

and now it sounds as if we may not be running 4.0 until the PAO folk patch
over the cracks in 4.x.  or, if 4.x-PAO support will not be there, we just
stay at 3.3+PAO.  <sigh>

or am i misunderstanding you?

randy