Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:25:38 +1000
From:      Andrew Johns <johnsa@kpi.com.au>
To:        Jarrod <hostmaster@mtloftyhistsoc.asn.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uncontrolable Rebooting 4.0-R

There have been several issues with certain UDMA controllers (some of
the VIA motherboards IIRC).  Check back through the lists.

I believe the solution was to disable UDMA on those drives via /etc/rc

I also believe that a fix has been created and put in 4.0-STABLE but
I see that you're running -RELEASE so you would not have it in your
system, yet :)

HTH