Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:04:32 +0100
From:      Pawel Wieleba <P.Wieleba@iem.pw.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   [port update] print/foomatic-db; how to name the package with the current date

Hi!
I've posted a PR:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/78397

Therefore I've got a question.
As stated on http://www.linuxprinting.org/foomatic.html
devel/foomatic-db is updated daily, therefore I would like to have an
up-to-date database during port installation (fetching) on my machine, not
just the date stated in devel/foomatic-db/Makefile.
I would like to do this automaticaly and I would like that this
information
(meaning date) will be added to the created package name.

Do you have an idea how to accomplish this?

It is very simple to download the current foomatic-db but I have no idea
how to include the date in the package name. It would be nice if
portupgrade could inform me if there is a newer database 'version'
available.

Best for you.
Pawel Wieleba
P.Wieleba@iem.pw.edu.pl