Date:      08 Oct 1998 08:30:42 +0300
From:      Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@spray.fi>
To:        "Timothy Weaver" <TWeaver@els.com>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update to pre15 for redhat 5.1 on Dell Precision

Geez, this is such a FAQ. The original BIOS memory detection hook
can't report more than 64MB of memory, so the OSes that use it to find
out the memory amount won't see more than that. New BIOSes have an
extended command for that purpose, but it has to be specifically
supported. Windows, Linux 2.1.x, Linux 2.0.36 etc support it, Netware
perhaps doesn't.

Remember the OS type setting (DOS/Windows, OS/2, UNIX were popular
choices) in some BIOSes?