Date:      Sun, 26 May 2013 11:06:29 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proper way to access executable's "environment"?

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 07:55:03PM +0200, Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> > So I have a couple of questions related to the above:
> > * Is the patch correct?...
>=20
> Should be fine. See environ(7) or
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/environ.html:
>=20
> "In addition, the following variable, which must be declared by the user=
=20
> if it is to be used directly: extern char **environ; "

Cool; thanks.

(Aside: I'd be happy to hear of plausible reasons the earlier approach
does not appear to fail in i386.  I'm suspecting some sort of
compatibilty shim -- which was jettisoned for amd64, probably quite
intentionally.)

> Including <stdlib.h> is not necessary to access the environ variable.

OK; I'll elide that from the patch (& re-test), then.  I'd rather not
add things gratuitously.

Thanks!

Peace,
david
--=20
Taliban: Evil men with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou

--98e8jtXdkpgskNou--