Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:18:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jon <palm_7777@yahoo.ca>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nvidia GeForce FX 5500 Lock-Up

Hello all,

My GeForce FX 5500 is having some trouble starting,
attempting to startx command results in the entire
computer locking-up when X tries to load, resulting in
a black screen not doing anything. Loading the
'nvidia' driver in Xorg.conf seems to be the problem,
seems to work fine with vesa driver. I made the
nvidia-driver from ports
'nvidia-driver-1.0.8178',installed fine. I have
agp,nvidia and linux all loaded into my kernel, a
quick dmesg and the nvidia kernel module found my
card. Does not seem to matter what I put in my
Xorg.conf, still results in a Lock-Up when starting X.
Their are no errors or warnings in my Xorg Log file.
Any clue to whats going on?

FreeBSD 6.0 STABLE

-- Thanks!