Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:40:29 GMT
From:      db <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/71392: 5.3-Beta2 crash

The following reply was made to PR i386/71392; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: db <db@traceroute.dk>
To: Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:39:18 +0200

 On Monday 27 September 2004 17:00, you wrote:
 > You're right, most developers don't care about PRs filed against
 > -CURRENT.  I assume that you read the freebsd-current mailing list,
 > and that you reported your problems there?

 Nope, normally when you report a bug to a mailling list, they tell you to use
 pr-send.

 > > Maybe a stupid question, but how? I found
 >
 > Select "Boot FreeBSD with ACPI disabled" in the boot menu.

 Doh! Hehe, done that and when writing "shutdown -p now" it just says:
 The operating system has halted.
 Please press any key to reboot.

 br
 db