Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:55:13 +0200
From:      Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
To:        atm@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP: 4.6Release-p2

Hi

I was wondering if this was a coincidence or if something BROKE
the hfa driver in 4.6Release-p2

After recompiling the system my PCA200E Forerunner ATM adapter
does not work anymore, I get a message:

atm: ATM network is inoperable

and and an : atm show config  will tell me no Mac Address has assigned to the
card and the card has no serial number (which can't be true) and there is no
hardware version.

Intf      Vendor    Model     Media           Bus   Serial No
hfa0      Fore      PCA-200E  OC-3c           PCI   0
    MAC address = 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Hardware version =
    Firmware version = 3.0.1

The card was working before the only thing that has changed on this machine
is that the kernel has been recompiled in MONO CPU mode, it was running SMP before
and the source has been recompiled to match the lastest patches from 4.6Release

the strange thing is that I have an atm0 interface shown when running ifconfig

atm0: flags=42<BROADCAST,RUNNING> mtu 9180
        ether 00:00:00:00:00:00

If I try to manually start the card with first downloading the firmware
I get a :

hfa0 is up and running - no download allowed.

My question is : what has changed and how can i fix this ? or is the card DEAD ?

The exact same card model on the exact same machine ( a spare) not upgraded to 4.6p2
works.

Christophe Prevotaux      Email: c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr
HEXANET SARL                URL: http://www.hexanet.fr/
Z.A.C Les Charmilles        Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05
3 Allée Thierry Sabine   Direct: +33 (0)3 26 61 77 72
BP202                       Fax: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 06
51686 Reims Cedex 2
FRANCE                   HEXANET Network Operation Center