Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:05:01 +0800
From:      "Craig Beasland" <craig@hotmix.com.au>
To:        "'Daniel O'Callaghan'" <danny@clari.net.au>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ISDN adapter for Australia

Danny,

We use Tennyson Crusdaer T/A's.  They are` external devices which plug
in and work the same as a modem.  Userland PPP works a treat and the
support is fantastic.  The guys at Tennyson (and Brian) went out of
their way to help me get it set up and working.  We found that it was
a little shakey at 128K but at 64K it was steady as a rock.

There are some issues with these external devices  runing at 128K
because the serial ports cant keep up and I would attribute the
problems we had with poor hardware.

We get about 8K/s for downloadsbetween 2 486's running crusaders and
freebsd at 64K.

Cheers
craig