Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:58:18 -0800
From:      "John W. De Boskey" <jwd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   disklabel.c & disklabel.8 patch

Hi,

   I've been using the disklabel.c patch which allows easier
configuration by being able to specify a new disklabel of
the form:

#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  a:   400M        0    4.2BSD     4096 16384    75     # (Cyl.    0 - 812*)
  b:     1G        *      swap
  c:      *        *    unused
  e: 204800        *    4.2BSD
  f:     5g        *    4.2BSD
  g:      *        *    4.2BSD

   An up-to-date copy of disklabel.c can be found at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/disklabel.c

   The man page can be found at:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/disklabel/disklabel.8

   or in html format:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/disklabel/disklabel.8.html

   Patch files:

http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/disklabel/disklabel.c.patch
http://people.freebsd.org/~jwd/disklabel/disklabel.8.patch

   I'd like to commit these if no one sees any major problems
with them.

   These patches are the original work of Randell Jesup, and
I believe Matt Dillon, with additional work by Warner Losh.
Please let me know if I've left someone out.

   Incorporated into this is the fix for PR bin/22727. A simple
one character fix.

   Comments Welcome!

-John

ps: The .html file was generated via groff. It seems to have some
    interesting side effects with the '[' and ']' characters.