Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:02:07 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
Cc:        Ted Spradley <tsprad@set.spradley.tmi.net>, "David C. Jenner" <djenner@halcyon.com>, Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>, chris@tci.com, mmercer@ipass.net, me@T-F-I.freeserve.co.uk, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Confusion

> It was never mater of somthing not working. It was a question as to the
> stability of something called RELEASE, and if it could be trusted on a

I think his point was simply that if you have a specific complaint,
let's hear it.  As I see this discussion now, it's a bunch of people
jumping on the bandwagon if for no other reason that it happens to be
driving through town and making a lot of noise, not that they
personally had some burning problem with 3.0-RELEASE.

In any case, I don't see that the discussion is productive in any way
at this point and would very much appreciate it if we could just go on
to something else.  If people feel we're cooking our own goose then
that's their perogative and they're always free to pursue another
solution if they don't find this one to be "run" to their
satisfaction.  Utter perfection seems to be alluding everyone's grasp
in the open source (and commercial) OS community, however, and I don't
think that Mr. Jenner and his ilk will necessarily find that Debian or
RedHat Linux (or even Solaris) are bug-free and 100% stable in every
release.  Expecting us to walk on water where everyone else usually
sinks below the waves is just not realistic.

- Jordan