Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:49:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting FreeBSD and W2k

> Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:58:09 -0400
> From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
> Subject:
> At 1:52 PM -0500 8/7/00, dpoland@execpc.com wrote:
> >This may not help you, but I gave up and bought PartitionMagic.
> Another option is PowerBoot from
> http://www.blueskyinnovations.com/pboot.html

You might also want to look at GRUB (which recently showed up in the
ports collection). It's the most flexible multiboot system I've used,
and supports the Hurd, Linux, and *BSD directly. It uses a technic
called chain-loading for "Unsupported" OS's - which I've used to Load
W9x and BeOS. I thought I saw a note about it working with WNT in the
docs, but can't seem to find it again.

It's requirements are that you have a file system it understands (BSD,
and FAT both work, there are probably others) to store the
second-stage loader and configuration file on.

	<mike