Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:09:14 -0500
From:      Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   -CURRENT lockups on Precision 490

--------------020801080502080201050905

Hello all,

    I've managed to get 7.0-CURRENT installed on this new workstation I
have at work.  Functions fine with a kernel and userland from September
30th.  Just about two weeks ago I tried to update everything to the
latest code...  I successfully did a buildworld and buildkernel.
Unfortunately, the system froze during bootup.  I gave it a couple of
weeks and tried again today, but have received the same results.  The
kernel stops booting at this point:

pcib12: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 30.0 on pci0
pcib12:   secondary bus     12
pcib12:   subordinate bus   12
pcib12:   I/O decode        0xf000-0xfff
pcib12:   prefetched decode 0xd0000000-0xd00fffff
pcib12:   Subtractively decoded bridge.
pci12: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib12
pci12: physical bus=12

    This happens even if I try to boot up in safe mode.

    I'm attaching some debugging information to this e-mail.  Thankfully
I have a null modem cable hooked up to this machine and was able to grab
the verbose logging from it.  That's the file freebsd-current-lockup.txt.gz

    freebsd-working.txt.gz is with the kernel from September 30th.
pciconf.txt.gz is, as you might expect, the output of 'pciconf -v -l'.

    Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Adam

--------------020801080502080201050905--