Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:49:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
Subject:   Start up sequencing problem with pccardd

	I seem to have a bit of a problem with start up sequencing on my 3.x
	machines. Whis is hapening is that /etc/rc is calling /etc/rc.pccardd,
	which in turn is staring up the pccardd daemon. However this daemon
	imediatly disposes itslef to the background. Now in my case my network
	paramters are set by a perl script called by the "insert" functionality
	of pccardd. So when ontrol returns to the rc script, the network is not
	set up yet when things like rwho get called. As a result various things
	don't work.

	Can anyone think of a way to determine when pccardd has finished
	setting thisgs up? If so I can just wait for thsi check in the rc
	script before continuig.

	I'm pretty certain this worked diferently in 2.2.x.

	Any ideas out there?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco