Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 09:49:17 -0600
From:      Alejandro Galindo <agalindo@servidor.exsocom.com.mx>
To:        Andrew Kenneth Milton <akm@mother.sneaker.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem Speed in ttys and gettytab  files

        Use the mgetty (usr/ports/comms/mgetty+sendfax) in replace of getty,
now  the portspeed is working at 115200 (mgetty -s 115200) or in the
mgetty.config file ( in /usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax) put the configuration
for every port:

--------mgetty.config     cut here----------

port ttyc00
debug 4
speed 115200
direct NO
blocking NO
data-only YES
modem-type auto
issue-file /etc/issue
rings 1
autobauding YES
login-prompt login:
login-time 240
---------------- cut here -------------------

with that you have an speed more fast than getty (may be only for the
cyclades Y ports, i dont know for another serial multiports)

Saludos
Alejandro

>I am currently having the exact same problem with the exact same hardware,
>for std.57600.
>
>What is happening, is that the modem is downtraining the portspeed to
>9600, and for some reason some of the ports lock themselves into 56K.
>I get this from looking at stty -f /dev/ttyc0xxx
>
>The ones with getty's on them are at 9600 (the ones that work) the ones
>that have PPP active have gone back to 57600. The ones that don't work
>have a getty camped on them with the port at 57600.
>
>I've been talking to our modem supplier in order to get old revision
>firmware in our modems, since they seem to work.
>
>Surprisingly if I go into terminal mode using user ppp and dial into a modem
>that way, everything is fine. If I attach a getty to that port directly
>after this, it goes back to delivering crap.
>
>The same port works with a different modem.
>
>We have modems that work, and a new batch that don't. We've been running
>for over 12 months with no problems until recently (2.2.2) Maybe the
>cyclades driver is a little buggy, and not the modems.
>
>--
>  ,-_|\  SneakerNet       |     Andrew Milton    |    GSM: +61(41)6 022 411
> /     \ P.O. Box 154     |  akm@sneaker.net.au  |    Fax: +61(2) 9746 8233
> \_,-._/ N Strathfield +--+----------------------+---+ Ph: +61(2) 9746 8233
>      v  NSW 2137      | Low cost Internet Solutions |

|                                                          ,        ,        |
|                                                         /(        )`       |
|                                                         \ \___   / |       |
|                                                         /- _  `-/  '       |
|                                                        (/\/ \ \   /\       |
|     ExSoCom Dgo. MEXICO                                / /   | `    \      |
|                                                        O O   ) /    |      |
|                                                        `-^--'`<     '      |
|                                                       (_.)  _  )   /       |
|     Alejandro Galindo Chairez                          `.___/`    /        |
|     Tel: (52 18) 179177                                  `-----' /         |
|     Fax: (52 18) 179177                     <----.     __ / __   \         |
|    e-mail alejandro.galindo@exsocom.com.mx  <----'    `--' `.__,' \        |
|          http://www.exsocom.com.mx                       \       /       /\|