Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 95 10:18 MSZ
From:      me@tartufo.pcs.dec.com (Michael Elbel)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: emacs 19.29 and xemacs 19.12 out - whee!

In pcs.freebsd.ports you write:

>Jordan K. Hubbard stands accused of saying:
>>
>> Anyone care to do the honors?

Hey, give me some time to test xemacs. I've ported it the day I read
the announcements - works like a charm, looks like they have
incorporated the FreeBSD patches. I expect to have the port ready
tomorrow.

>Speaking of Xemacs; there's a problem with the 19.11 package version
>that annoys the hell out of me 8(  Basically, the scrollbars on the
>left of the windows (in their default positions I guess) flicker on
>and off, but never actually represent anything significant.

>As one types a line, they'll come on and off more or less randomly
>(as far as I can tell).

My fault, I've never used scrollbars on 19.11, I've just tried it on
19.12 and the bars seem to be working just fine. I've seen one problem
so far in that background pixmaps don't work for faces, but that has
been acknowledged by the maintainers and promised to be fixed in
19.13.

Michael

--
Michael Elbel, PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany - me@FreeBSD.org