Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:52:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: strlen() question

> > See, there's the problem: libc is a user space library, not
> > a kernel source file.
>
> But that wasn't what you claimed being your original problem, right?
> I wonder when you ever admit being wrong for the first time...

I said that strlen() took a NULL terminated string.  I corrected
it to 0 terminated string to make the nit-pickers happy.  "NUL"
with one "L" is the invention of a Pascal programmer with nothing
better to do than to make noises about sign-extension on non-two's
complement hardware for type demotion of 0 to character.

> The title line of style(9) is slightly misleading.  If you have had
> looked into it instead of just mumbling about it, you would have
> noticed that it covers several userland style issues as well.

Ah.  So you are saying it is out of date.

PS: A style guide is not going to dictate to me anything about
user land coding style for a given platform.

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---