Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:28:00 +0400
From:      Maxim V Filimonov <che@bein.link>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security/libfprint: any updates?

Yes, but not really. See, the Linux SPI implementation is (probably)
really different, so that would require a reimplementation of SPI in the
library which is not the best solution, as you would probably agree.

My thinking is "remove SPI support altogether by removing certain
supported devices", but it didn't work immediately and requires some
more hacking.

I patched the meson.build file so that it doesn't contain the spi
devices, but that didn't help so it requires further work.

--
wbr, Maxim Filimonov <che@bein.link>