Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:23:29 -0500
From:      Paul Richard McDowell <pdmcd@magicnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pdmcd@magicnet.net
Subject:   Installation fails during filesystem install

Howdy fellow BSD heads,

	I have a CD ROM device that is not supported.  So I'm trying
to install from a DOS file system.  I have a 1.6G disk and a 2.1G disk.
I have two partitions on the 1.6.  I am planning to install FreeBSD on
800M of the 2.1G disk.

	So I did an xcopy from the distribution CD dists dir onto my
second partition of the 1.6G disk.  I am going through the Novice
install.  Everything works fine until I get to the installation media.
I have tried using wd0s1 from the media choice window.  I have tried
d:\freebsd\ and d:\freebsd when choosing the DOS installation.  All
attempts have failed.

	I get a failure mounting the /dev/wd0s1 from /dos.  I think the
error code is 22.  Help!!

	I would really like to get BSD installed.  I want to have a
complete development environment here at home.  And all I lack for the
main stream OS is a UNIX OS.

	Please respond to me at pdmcd@magicnet.net

	Thanks.

the dangerous one