Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:18:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Adam Dace <awd@kiwi.pyro.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise UDMA/33 Controll Support in 3.1-RELEASE

Now that I got my server question out of the way, I'm going to pose
another!

Just from looking at the code, I can't really tell if 3.1 truly "supports"
the Promise controller my machine has or is just detected my card, but
I've managed to get this far:

Apr 13 18:40:47 forbin /kernel: ide_pci1: <Promise Ultra/33 IDE
controller> rev 0x01 int a irq 10 on pci0.20.0
Apr 13 18:40:47 forbin /kernel: ide_pci1: adding drives to controller 4: 4
5 6 7
Apr 13 18:40:49 forbin /kernel: wdc2 not found at 0xeff0
Apr 13 18:40:49 forbin /kernel: wdc3 not found at 0xefa8

By "controller 4" I'm hoping the code is referring to wcd3, which I added
to my kernel config to make the above happen(after reading through LINT,
I cut'n'pasted the examples for wdc2-3).  The only problem is that wcd2
and wdc3 never get detected and as a result, my UDMA disk is never found.

So!  Would I be better off downloading bootdisks for CURRENT?  Am I doing
something wrong here(my flags could definitely be wrong...)?

Thanks guys in advance,

--Adam W. Dace

P.S. I actually have NT installed on the UDMA drive in the machine, if
there's any info(maybe chipset i/o address?) I can glean from that that'd
help, please let me know.