Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:38:10 +0200
From:      Uwe Laverenz <uwe@laverenz.de>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   iwi: firmware error

Hi all,

I've installed RELENG_6 on a Thinkpad R51 and would like to use the
built-in wireless card with wpa_supplicant. Everything works as expected
but there is one problem I can't solve on my own: the iwi-driver
complains about problems with the firmware, especially when there is
wireless traffic:

    iwi0: firmware error

The device goes down immediately and sometimes comes up again after a
while. The system runs RELENG_6 as of last sunday, the firmware is 3.0
from /usr/ports/net/iwi-firmware-kmod.

I have a similar setup on a T41 with ath0 which runs quite well.

My questions:

- Is this a known problem with iwi?

- What can I do to debug and/or solve this problem?

- Should I file a PR?

Thank you!

Uwe