Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 01:58:29 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: /home/smp/sys/kern init_smp.c

Hi,

>It was similar to the last config I tried but stopping in single user mode
>meant that I could capture the dmesg output.  Basically, nothing printed
>on the console except kernel printfs appears until I try to break into the
>debugger with Ctl-SysRq.  That seems to trigger some kind of delayed
>interrupt in syscons and the text appears.  It doesn't matter whether DDB
>is in the kernel or not.
>
>Something odd is happening interrupt-wise.  Maybe the clock isn't running?

kinda smells like it...  you've been trying since yesterday so we can't blame
todays defaulting of IRQ_LO_NC.  I don't see an MP table around here for your
system,  if you've already sent one I guess I need another.  What make
and model of board is it?  Haven't you successfully been using it with SMP
b4 the Lite2 merge?

I just put a set of reference SMP kernels on the main web page, you might
want to grab the 2 CPU version and see if that works.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by