Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:44:17 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is this normal?

After the initial install I had at least some DESCR files in the ports
collection. Today I have none:

root:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf# find /usr/ports -name DESCR -print | wc -l
       0
root:/usr/src/sys/i386/conf# find /usr/ports -name README.html -print | wc -l
    2132

Since install I've experience a few hardware induced crashes, descriptions
in the mail archive. But I don't think it likely it would cause this. Also
I've run CVSup twice. Including the ports collection. Using this supfile:

---
*default host=cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
*default delete use-rel-suffix
# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

src-all
ports-all
---

Could that have caused it? If not, then what?

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.