Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:33:37 -0800
From:      "Craig Burgess" <craig-burgess@home.net>
To:        "Andrew Gallatin" <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: msg: '/kernel: file: table is full'

Thanks Andrew,

Upping maxusers to 256 seems to have done the trick - i don't see any kernel
errors noted in /var/log/messages and dmesg output looks sane again. (FWOW,
#sysctl kern.maxusers reports 8283 with the new kernel.)

I have not started anything new running for many months and it seems strange
that things would go so peculiar just after new source and rebuilding to
4.2... Oh well

best wishes,

craig