Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:49:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>, Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SysctlFS

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Julian Elischer wrote:

> Kelly Yancey wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Robert Watson wrote:
> >

> >   Maybe I am missing something obvious, but wouldn't a mount option to
> > automatically export a given filesystem to all jails do the trick? Fundamental
> > filesystems like procfs and devfs would typically be mounted with the option,
> > while others were left to per-jail individual mounts.
> >   That is, of course, assuming we had room for more MNT_* flags.
>

> jails are not 'mounted so there is no specific 'moment'
> when you should 'make your automatic mounts.
> anyhow you may have 1000 jails set up on your filesystems
> do you want to see 2000 filesystems in your mount list?

  I didn't mean when you mounted the jail, but rather when you mounted the
filesystem in question (i.e. /dev or /proc). The mount flag would be used to
indicate that is mount is to transcend jails. In other words, when building a
list of the current mount points inside a jail, mount with this flag would
always be included. It is arguably a hack, but I don't see why it wouldn't
work.

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Belmont, CA