Date:      Wed, 06 Apr 2011 10:48:37 -0400
From:      "Frank J. Cameron" <cameron@ctc.com>
To:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SSL is broken on FreeBSD

On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 10:43 -0400, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> > http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/stable/8/crypto/openssl/Makefile
> >        OPENSSLDIR=/usr/local/ssl
> >
> FreeBSD doesn't use the crypto/openssl/Makefile when building OpenSSL
> as part of a buildworld, instead we use our own custom Makefiles in
> secure/lib/libcrypto.  The only place where OPENSSLDIR is defined is
> in secure/lib/libcrypto/opensslconf-${MACHINE_CPUARCH}.h
>
> http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/head/secure/lib/libcrypto/opensslconf-amd64.h?revision=194207&view=markup
>
> #if !(defined(VMS) || defined(__VMS)) /* VMS uses logical names
> instead */
> #if defined(HEADER_CRYPTLIB_H) && !defined(OPENSSLDIR)
> #define ENGINESDIR "/usr/lib/engines"
> #define OPENSSLDIR "/etc/ssl"
> #endif
> #endif

Cool, thanks; I thought I might have been looking in the wrong place.

This message and any files transmitted within are intended
solely for the addressee or its representative and may
contain company sensitive information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.  Publication, reproduction, forwarding, or
content disclosure is prohibited without the consent of the
original sender and may be unlawful.

Concurrent Technologies Corporation and its Affiliates.
www.ctc.com  1-800-282-4392