Date:      Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:14:52 -0500
From:      Randy Pratt <bsd-unix@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org

I'm seeing huge font size differences on the new layout of the mailing
list web pages.  Here's an example:

  http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/newlist.png

And for comparison, here is how other fixed-width fonts display (i.e.,
the <pre> tag:

  http://myfreebsd.homeunix.net/fixed_width.png

I'm using Opera 8.5 on FreeBSD 4.11-stable.  I'll grant you that
configuring fonts in Opera is a real mess.  I've tried adjusting my
local preferences so that the mailing lists are more 'normal'
but that results in other sites with fixed-width fonts being tiny
and unreadable.

This is with the mailing list archives and not the Mailman style
pages.  The bigger fonts are much easier to read but take a lot
of scrolling to read the messages.

Mozilla displays the same characteristics with the font sizes.  The
text mode browsers I've tried display the fonts correctly (presumably
because they ignore CSS).

Anyway, its good to see the site getting a face lift after so many
years!

Randy