Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 23:28:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Yuri Gindin <yuri@aebeard.technion.ac.il>
Cc:        Frank Kelly <frank.kelly@sable.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quotas on v2.1?

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Yuri Gindin wrote:

> It works for me. Recompile the kernel with options QUOTA
> see man pages for quotaon (edit /etc/fstab)
> reboot and use edquota to edit quotas.

    I've heard rumblings that quotas are only honoured on the root
filesystem, and not on other mounted filesystems.  I hope this is
outdated information.  :)  I need to export seven 4-gig filesystems to
NFS clients, all with quotas enabled for about 10000 users in total.
Any known problems with that (especially concerning the large fs size,
NFS export and number of users)?
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.