Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:11:40 -0500
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>, pete <petechou@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [CFT/RFC] Make crunched compatible with external linkers

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 11:06:56AM +0100, Erik Cederstrand wrote:
> Hello hackers,
>
> The following PR patches crunchide(1) to accept object files produced by the gold and mclinker linkers: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin%2F174011
>
> On behalf of the submitter, I'd like to request a review of the patch, and testing of crunchide/crunchgen especially on SPARC and ARM.

I applied this patch to a 9/stable source tree, and was able to
"buildworld" with it in place, on my sparc64 machine.

I know that's not a great test case, but the patched binary
is good enough to generate the objects that are needed for the
'rescue' binary.  And that binary runs at least a trivial test
of '/usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue/rescue ifconfig -a' and
produces correct output.

-Kurt