Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:27:57 -0700
From:      Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>
To:        Eric Melville <eric@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recent changes to libdialog are weird

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:21:42PM -0700, Eric Melville wrote:
> > What many folks may not realize is that the new behaviour, while "safer"
> > than what we had before, makes libdialog behave differently from at
> > least Motif, Windows, JavaAWT, JavaSwing.
>=20
> It seems to me that in popular toolkits, one moves the curson over the
> desired component and presses a button. To do this with a keyboard, tab is
> used to move the cursor, and space is used to press a button.

I agree with and like the new behaviour but I think it is still lacking
in one aspect. When using a mouse to position your cursor it's very
obvious where that cursor is and what it's pointing to. With lidialog
it's hard to tell at just a glance where the cursor is because it's only
a few characters wide even if the "button" it's on is wider, and it's a
drab gray color. If the cursor were something brighter and unique it
might make it easier to distinguish as "the cursor" and there for easier
to understand. Red maybe?

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

-Bill

--=20
-=3D| Bill Swingle - <unfurl@(dub.net|freebsd.org)>
-=3D| Every message PGP signed
-=3D| Fingerprint: C1E3 49D1 EFC9 3EE0 EA6E  6414 5200 1C95 8E09 0223
-=3D| Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--