Date:      Sun, 06 May 2007 10:40:20 -0500
From:      JD Bronson <jbronson@sixcompanies.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp.conf + resolv.conf

I am using 6.2 as a DSL (PPPoE) router and also run my own internal DNS
on the same machine. I would like to APPEND my ISP's dished out DNS
servers to my current resolv.conf but anytime I enable dns in my
ppp.conf it nukes my entire resolv.conf....!

I am looking to end up with this:

% cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain mydomain
nameserver 192.168.1.1
nameserver ISP's DNS
nameserver ISP's DNS

How do I do this and still retain my own entries in resolv.conf?
If I was using DHCPclient, I could edit dhclient.conf of course but
PPPoE does not consult this file during negotiation that I am aware of.

Any comments will be appreciated...

-JD