Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:28:10 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        Pawel Wieleba <P.Wieleba@iem.pw.edu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [port update] print/foomatic-db;	how to name the package with the current date

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:04:32 +0100
Pawel Wieleba <P.Wieleba@iem.pw.edu.pl> wrote:

> Hi!
> I've posted a PR:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/78397
>
> Therefore I've got a question.
> As stated on http://www.linuxprinting.org/foomatic.html
> devel/foomatic-db is updated daily, therefore I would like to have an
> up-to-date database during port installation (fetching) on my machine, not
> just the date stated in devel/foomatic-db/Makefile.
> I would like to do this automaticaly and I would like that this
> information (meaning date) will be added to the created package name.
>
> Do you have an idea how to accomplish this?
> It is very simple to download the current foomatic-db but I have no idea
> how to include the date in the package name.

 PKGNAMESUFFIX ?

> It would be nice if
> portupgrade could inform me if there is a newer database 'version'
> available.

portupgrade can't do it for you, since it has uses the information from
Ports Collection Makefiles.

You could do a helper script that would download the db. You could put
somewhere on you website a distinfo file and update it daily and make
the port fetch it and add it to the distinfo.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"