Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 07:46:24 -0500
From:      Bob.Gorichanaz@midata.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bad memory patch?

Maybe I'm mis-understanding something, but isn't this situation analagous
to bad sectors on a
hard drive?  Isn't this similar, at least in theory, to remapping dead
sectors and continuing to
use the drive? (except that the disk's onboard controller handles the
mapping instead of the
OS)

Not trying to push this idea one way or the other, I'm just curious as to
WHY so many people
think this is a "bad idea"

-=bob=-

Warner Losh <imp@village.org>@FreeBSD.ORG on 04/06/2000 04:58:59 PM