Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 19:48:41 +0000
From:      Thomas Vickery <tvickery@iol.ie>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intermittent modem detection

Hi All.
I am trying to install version 2.1 (again) I gave up on it before because of
this problem: When booting from either the boot floppy or the HD, my
internal Boca modem on com1 IRQ 4 is detected as follows: sometimes at 0x3f8
(where it should be) sometimes at 0x3f8-0x3ff or else not at all. It is not
detected about 90% of the time.
The modem works fine under OS/2 and Linux.
Using the GENERIC kernel at the moment,will have to rebuild that for my PS/2
mouse but that is another days work :-)
Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
I tried sending this from my other account <tvickery@tinet.ie> but don't
think that it got through; in case it did, my apologies for doubling up.
Thomas