Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 17:27:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Shana <shana@corp.gulf.net>
To:        dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  2.2.6 installation

<snipped for your protection>

The lines should be wrap now.  I apologize.

>Please elaborate.  What happens if you select `BSD'?

If I select F2 for BSD, It just returns the prompt again with F?.  I've
tried a few different keyboards, wondering if my F2 key was just messed up
(always start simply, right?). but to no avail, the boot manager prompt
just returns F? again.

> You created a FreeBSD slice, yet the whole thing
is formatted FAT.  FreeBSD requires it's own slice type and uses it's own
filesystem.  Please clarify.

Ok, I fdisked the entire drive, and divided it into two partitions,
giving them both FAT16. Then installed NT, leaving the other
half of the drive blank.  Then booted my machine from the 2.2.6 boot
disk, created the BSD slice with its own file allocation system (165 if I
remember correctly), and went on to create the / , /var , /usr
directories.

I hope this makes more sense, my brain is a bit scrambled at the moment.

~Shana