Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2012 16:09:18 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel GPU with KMS locks up when visualization enabled

I don't have much information on this, but I wanted to enable VY-x on
my Lenovo T520 (Sandybridge). IT has been running for a few months
with the Intel GPU patches and now WITH_NEW_XORG and WITH_KMS. The
current system is 9.1-BETA1 installed yesterday.

If I enable "Virtualization" in BIOS, the system boots and runs fine,
but if I start Xorg and Gnome, I get several windows including
terminal windows and gkrellm up, but after a few seconds, the display
freezes. The only thing I have been able to do is to power it down. I
then disabled "Virtualization again, and all is well.

Any idea on what other information I can dig up? It's not critical as
I only use VirtualBox to boot Windows 7 when I need Visio or something
else that is only available on Windows.(No, no serial console. Darn!)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com