Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 02:51:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Robert W Schlotterbeck <rws@nothing.org>
To:        Sen Hu <sen_hu123@yahoo.com>
Cc:        BSD Journal - general <general@shell.bsdjournal.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.6

Last time I checked, there are many warnings that improper use of and
disklabel editor and/or filesystem creation utilities can cause severe
data loss.  This is why it asks you to double check everything before you
commit filesystem changes to disk during install.  This is not a problem
with FreeBSD, and although I hate to say it's user error, if it is
missing, then it is definately not FreeBSD's fault.  It does a good job of
warning you before you install anything.  At least it's not as bad as
windows, automatically torching the mbr without asking. . .