Date:      Wed, 09 Apr 1997 15:13:06 +1000
From:      Adrian Carter <adrian@apic.net>
To:        dedy@indosat.net.id, freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: help: getting libdes.so.2.1

Log on to ftp.freebsd.org and go into /FreeBSD/2.2.1-RELEASE and then
download the contents of the directory 'des'. once this is down, run the
install.sh script located in that directory. Be warned, whilst this worked
for me (as far as installing libdes.so.2.1) it didnt solve my problems in
getting SSLeay to compile, as it to date *STILL* insists on telling me that
it has an undefined text segment in the ebe_enc.o file of _des_decrypt3, so
I figure an include is going wrong somewhere. So, no warranties apply,
YMMV, standard disclaimers apply.

If anyone has succsesfully configured SSLEay on 2.1.7-RELEASE or latter,
please please please tell me how you got it to work. Note, I want
SSLeay0.6.6 and not the 0.5.1 version avaliable via the FreeBSD ports
collection =)

Regards

Adrian