Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:37:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DOS again :)

Sorry guys, I really dont want to hassle...

Has anyone on the list actually had or does have doscmd up and running?
I'm getting nowhere fast.  ~/.doscmdrc is set up follows:

assign A: /dev/rfd0.1440 1440
assign A: /dev/rfd0.720 720
assign hard boot_drive 1024 15 17

But doscmd never tries to read/boot/anything from the floppy drive.
Needless to say it doesnt boot from boot_drive either, because I havent
set it up yet.  The documentation states that doscmd will first try to
boot from the floppy drive(s), and then the image.  I need to boot to the
floppy to set up boot_drive, so this is a silly vicious circle :\

The floppy in the drive is a bootable MS-DOS floppy with the required
files on it.  When doscmd is started, the floppy is not even accessed...

I presume it should be working, since it ships with FreeBSD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff

- while (!asleep) { code(); }