From:      Patrick Lutz <kellutz@telusplanet.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Connecting to ISP Problems

I have a machine that has both Windows95 and UNIX installed at home.  In
Windows, the modem works fine and I have no problems connecting to my
ISP.  In UNIX, however, I seem to have a problem connecting with my ISP
properly.  ppp is configured and seems to be working, dials the modem
and logs me into the system.

However, when I try to ftp ftp.freebsd.org, it can not find it.  As
well, when I look at the router tables or at the ifconfig -a for tun0, I
am not able to ping any of the addresses that are in the table or in the
ifconfig.

I would like to be able to connect to ftp sites so that I can download a
browser for UNIX so that I can receive mail and also access help on the
'Net.  Because it is a home computer, and others must use it, I cannot
remove Windows (I am not sure that it is causing a problem anyways.)

Any advice as to how to make the connection work properly would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Patrick Lutz (kellutz@telusplanet.net)